Just a little over a week ago today, I got an email notifying me of a comment on my blog. The commenter, the wonderful iloveme, told me that she had nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!
I’ve been nominated for only one other blog award, and this one was a major surprise.
- Liebster: [German] beloved, darling, sweetheart, dearest, lovely, nicest, sweetest
I don’t think any of those words have ever been in the normal vocabulary of anyone describing me. So thank you Khristine, very much! It is very much appreciated and I’m going to do my best to spread the love. (:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ listed.
- Create 11 new questions to ask the bloggers they tag.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award and tag them in this post.
- Let the bloggers know.
- No tag backs!
11 things about me:
- Someday I’m going to get a peace tattoo. Don’t know if it’s going to be the word or the sign (or both). I’m also going to get a pawprint tattoo….. someday.
- I prefer mountain scenery over flat fields (but I do have to give some love to my home, the midwest).
- I struggle to do most things without knowing what’s going to happen and/or how it’s going to work.
- I get really annoyed if something that affects me is changed, moved, or whatever without any apparent logical reasoning behind the change.
- If the weather was 55-65 degrees F all year round, I would be a happy camper.
- I used to be big into pencil drawing (and fuzzy posters!)
- My childhood dream was to be a jockey. (Until about 7th grade, when it finally sank in that I was already too tall).
- I want to have my own horse someday.
- When I was younger I would sniff everything, especially if it was to be something eaten or drank.
- I played soccer when I was young, and loved it. Then it got too competitive and no fun.
- I have never had an alcoholic drink of any kind, and don’t ever plan on it.
Questions from Khristine!
- What do you like to talk about in your blog? My perspective on things (exactly what you’d expect xD), my dogs, and my photography. It also helps to get some of my worries and thoughts out.
- If life gives you lemons you….. throw ’em back and demand chocolate!
- Which would you prefer, a Prince Charming or Mr. Right, and why? I would prefer a Mr. Right because Prince Charmings are all players. ;)
- If you could be a ruler for a day, what rule would you like to impose on the opposite sex? Pull up your damn pants unless you want a kick in the ass!
- What is your biggest pet peeve when eating out with someone? Depends, but usually insensitivity to the server is annoying because I am a server and have been in their shoes. We’re only doing our jobs, and we’re human too!
- If you opened your front door right now, who do you want to be standing right in front of your house at this very moment? My Grandma, who was an artist and shared my love of horses. She taught me to draw, she always sent homemade cards, and she was my only connection to my deceased biological mom. (Two other people jumped to mind right away, but neither would mean ‘good news’ – Jack Bauer or Derek Morgan).
- What is one thing you can never leave your house/ apartment without, that is almost always inside your purse? (Besides the essentials: keys, wallet, cellphone). I would have to say the book I am reading at the time or my cameras.
- If you have a guy best friend or a girl best friend, describe the qualities that they possess or that they share with you, that made you realize that they are rightfully your bestest buddy in the universe. Ashley and I met in our 9th grade English class. I was always a quiet kid and it’s astounding that I actually got up the nerve to talk to her. But on her desk she had a copy of one of the CSI TV show books. And at the time, I was an avid CSI water. We got to talking and I found out she loved crime shows, CSI type stuff, and scary movies just as much (if not more than) I did. And after she got just as addicted to 24 as me, I knew we’d be friends for life. (: Amberness is a friend that I feel like I’ve had forever. She loves books and writing and is practically a mirror for my sensitive, dreamy, cheesy side. ;) Both these girls balance me out and I honestly could.not live without them.
- If you could go into the future, what is one thing that you’d like to find out and why? I used to have lots of answers to this type of question, but not anymore. Because now I wouldn’t want to know anything about the future. Knowing would only feed my anxiety of doing something wrong or messing up my life, and since there’s no such thing as tomorrow, I’m trying to learn from my dogs how to live in the present moment. They’re great teachers, but I’m a terrible terrible student.
- What is your favorite season and why do you like it so much? Fall! Cooler weather, hoodies & jeans, beautiful colors, when the world is at its brightest and most vibrant.
- If you could be anything, regardless of money, time or anything that prevents you from becoming that person, who or what would you be? Hard to say if I would be what I want to be – a successful profession photographer or a criminal profiler for the FBI – or what I need to be – exactly who I am now. Sorry if that’s not a satisfactory answer.
If you were a character in a horror movie, what would your role be and why?
If you had to study one famous person for an entire year, who would you choose?
Open your closet door. What does your wardrobe reveal about you?
What is one thing that you cannot go without every day (apart from the obvious/necessities)?
What is your favorite TV show and which character would you consider to be closest to you and why?
Would you change anything in your past if you had the chance, and if so what and why?
Who is one person who has had a big impact on your life?
At an amusement park, you run to the _________ first. (fill in the blank)
If you had no Internet, no cell phone, no TV, and no form of transportation for an entire week, what would you do?
What was your favorite class in elementary school and why?
During a cold, wintery day, you are most likely to be found….. (fill in the blank).
Spreading the love. <3
And that is all, because I don’t follow many blogs with less than 200 followers (that I know of, anyway).